Tuesday, April 12, 2011

an Unexpected Taste of Home






This unexpected find in Georgetown reminds me of a thousand lobster/fry shacks I've seen in my life.  The only difference is, it's the only one here in DC.  As a real New Englander that grew up on the coast I'm not a big fan of lobster.  Odd, I know, but when every other yard has lobster traps stacked 15 feet high in your neighborhood, well I just don't see the appeal.  But for me there's nothing better than fish and chips, I guess I'm just not jaded there yet, and the tackle box really does it right.  The lobster roll is a very good lobster roll, if you're into that sort of thing.  One of the best draws, if you just happen to be walking by and want a quick, easy, tasty snack is the fish tacos.  Being generally a coastal dweller, I always order fish tacos when I'm down in the islands, I was very pleased with the cost, quality and taste of these fish tacos for only eight bucks for two and $11 for three. Definitely worth stopping by if you're in the neighborhood.  http://www.tackleboxrestaurant.com/ Click here for more details and a menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment